Provide an EU or UK contact address to place on your products
Use our extensive product compliance knowledge to efficiently check your technical documentation complies with product legislation
Represent your products as your economic operator
Liaise with market surveillance authorities on your behalf
Offer competitive pricing with no compromise on service quality
Where required, register your products on the appropriate EU
database including EMSA MED, EPREL, ECHA and CPNP
Find out more UKCA Declaration
of Conformity
EU Representation UK Representation CE Declaration
of Conformity


Authorised Rep Compliance provide UK and EU (formerly EC) Authorized Representative Services for trading and selling goods in both Europe and the United Kingdom (UK).

If you manufacture products and goods to be imported into the UK or Europe then those products must have a representative to communicate with market surveillance authorities.

With more than 25 years experience working with EU and UK product legislation, our expert service will provide you with the representation authorities and customers expect.

Our sister company Product Compliance Support Ltd can help with any aspect of Product legislation if required.


Acceptance of CE marking extended indefinitely

We can help you with product compliance. Here’s how:

  • We offer a competitive, professional Authorised Representative service from our office in the UK.
  • We can provide you with CE and UKCA Declaration of Conformity templates.
  • We can even convert your CE declarations to UKCA format for you if required.
  • We can assess your product to the applicable legislation.

Please contact us for advice and support, we are ready to help.

Our Satisfied Customers

Dan Moore

ARC Compliance’s Authorised Representative service is important to our business and has helped us to maintain seamless and compliant trade with the EU following the post-Brexit legislation changes. I’d recommend…

Markus Filip, CEO Flipfeld

We have been selling household products all over Europe for almost a decade now. With Brexit we needed a new reliable partner for updates about compliance changes and representation in…

Viktor Kapustin,

I had an exceptional experience with Authorised Rep Compliance (ARC) while seeking assistance with registering in the UK and EU. Their team was incredibly knowledgeable, efficient, and supportive throughout the…

Fabrizio Frisoni, DULCOP International S.p.A.

We appreciate our collaboration and the swiftness of ARC service. The complexity of our data is smoothly handled by this company.

Jeff Chambers, EcoPowershop

ARC have been very helpful in providing a timely, tailored and cost-effective service. By taking the time to understand our business and products, they have provided constructive guidance and assistance…

Ivan Michaels, Progressive Safety Footwear

ARC are a very easy to work with, and make the process very smooth and straight forward.

Read more testimonials here


The requirement for non-EU products to be represented to the authorities by someone in the EU has been around since the EU single market was launched in the 1990s. Initially, the rules were very unclear and it took a long time for them to be clarified enough for most manufacturers to realise the need.

A major change occurred on On the 1st January 2021 when the UK left the EU single market. Anyone in GB or the EU placing goods from the other side of The Channel on the market could no longer be a distributor. Instead they needed an importer established in the market on which the goods are being placed.

In recent years the legislators have made efforts to strengthen and extend the requirement for authorised representation to more products and supply chains in order to help consumer protection authorities deal with unsafe products.

In particular the market surveillance Regulation EU 2019/1010 tightens the rules in the EU for imported products to help the authorities trace, question and cooperate with overseas manufacturers when dealing with dangerous products.

We can help you meet these new rules and in particular provide you with:

  • An EU address to place on products supplied in the EU
  • A UK address to place on products supplied into Great Britain


We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions.

Below you will find questions relating to Brexit and the requirement to have an Economic Operator in the EU or UK and also legislation known as Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, regulating market surveillance and compliance of products.

Why do products need an Authorised Representative?

What does ‘market surveillance mean?

When do CE marked products need an Authorised representative?

When do products without a CE mark need an Authorised representative?

Why did BREXIT mean more products need an Authorised Representative?

What is Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, on market surveillance and compliance of products?

Can my importer or distributor represent my products?

What are the Obligations my Distributor must take on if they have to become my importer?

What products are affected by (EU) 2019/1020?

Are an EU importer’s or Authorised Representative’s details required to appear on the Declaration of Conformity (D of C)?

I am a UK (or other non-EU) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD). I have EU distributors. Do I need an EU Authorised Representative?

I am an EU (or other non-UK) manufacturer of products which fall under the General Product Safety Regulations (GPSR). I have UK distributors. Do I need a UK Authorised Representative?


Our prices are extremely competitive without compromising on technical expertise or service quality.

Our pricing structure considers four elements;

  • Number of products/families of products,
  • complexity of products,
  • potential hazards and risk
  • quality of supporting compliance information.

How can we help?

authorised representatives uk



    Do you need to change your Authorised Representative?

    This is completely acceptable under EU and UK legislation; we can help to process the required paperwork and we may be able to reduce our set up cost considering any pre-qualification and/or audit work completed by your current provider.

    If you are looking to change Authorised Representatives then please contact us to discuss your situation.

    Latest Developments

    Amazon due to end Responsible Person Service

    Since 2021 Amazon has required sellers selling into Europe from outside the EU to appoint an EU Responsible Person or Responsible Person for CE-marked products. Sellers inside the EU have been able to use Amazon’s Responsible Person Service, which was…

    Acceptance of CE marking extended indefinitely

    STOP PRESS: On 1 August the UK government announced that recognition of the CE marking for placing most goods on the market in Great Britain, will be extended indefinitely. This applies to the 18 regulations that fall under the Department…

    Rules of Origin Trade Agreement could kill UK car manufacturing

    Three major car manufacturers building cars in the UK, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover and Stellantis (Vauxhall), are urging the UK and EU to return to the negotiating table to reconsider a part of the Brexit deal which currently requires 40%…

    EU Laws Bonfire to be Watered Down

    Following Brexit on the 31st January 2021, the UK became free to set it’s own laws and remove EU related legislation from the UK statutes books. This is estimated to be over 3700 pieces of legislation and affects 300 policy…